Thursday, April 16, 2009

Wet and Rainy Night

200904116soccer1
I trudge through the puddles, out onto the field. My umbrella snaps with a huge gust of wind, rendering it useless. Ten thousand dollars worth of photographic equipment is carefully covered with a $.05 plastic bag, a handful of rubber bands and gaffer tape. Friggin' McGyver style. A player looks at me, my rain gear already soaking through to my clothes, and says, "Wow, that's dedication, thanks." A parent then comes up to ask when we're going to get around to covering their team as much as the other bazillion teams. "Obviously today," I think. "I'm not out here just because I just felt like getting wet." Oh, good times.
200904116soccer2
200904116soccer3
200904116soccer4

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work. Hope you're dry now.

Unknown said...

Love photo #3. I bet your job description doesn't include weather variables....great work, as always!