Friday, July 31, 2009

New place, new face

20090720_BRAD_POWER_1


I've worked for this paper for over five years. One would think in that amount of time a news photographer would visit all the city office buildings within, oh, the first year at least. An assignment landed in my lap last week leading me to a new place and, yes, a new face.

One of the aspects of this job I love is not knowing where I'm going. As years pass I have find myself going to the same places with the same faces. Needless to say an assignment like this is refreshing. Why? Because the possibilities in buildings like these are endless. Stairs, skylights, colored walls, old yet modern, you name it, this place has it. I want every environmental portrait to in a place like this place. But they all can't be and that's just the way it is. In fact, I'm fairly certain that within the next few weeks a business photo assignment will come soon: "Man working at computer." How do you light that again?

0 comments: