Thursday, August 13, 2009

Vaca...what?

20090811_CAMPING_KEYSTONE

Those of you who know me are privy to the fact that I hardly ever take a vacation. Nor do I ever post anything really personal on this blog. In fact, one of the last personal posts was April 2008, during my last real vacation. Needless to say, we were, and still are, overdue for a real long getaway. What we do manage to do is sneak away for a few days at a time.

I decided a month ago that for my 30th birthday I wanted to camp and hike near my childhood home outside of Fairplay, Colorado, mess around in Summit County and cap it off with a condo in Keystone. Little did I know that the Saturday before we were scheduled to leave, my wife planned a small surprise party with my closest friends and family after a round of golf here in Longmont. It was great to see everyone and I was embarrassed they all bore witness to my hack job up the 18th hole. But, I forgot real soon, as the 19th was way better.

Anyway, here are a few photographs, or snapshots really, from our quick trip. Now, off to do some freelance work to help pay for our spontaneous purchases, such as a boat rental on Lake Dillon. By the way, the golf courses in Keystone are awesome and pretty tough. I managed an 87, thanks in part to the new clubs my wife surprised me with...I just may go play again today.

20090811_CAMPING_KEYSTONE

20090811_CAMPING_KEYSTONE

20090811_CAMPING_KEYSTONE

20090811_CAMPING_KEYSTONE

20090811_CAMPING_KEYSTONE

20090811_CAMPING_KEYSTONE

20090811_CAMPING_KEYSTONE

0 comments: